|Komodo Predator 02 preview|
|Minimum requirements:||Python 3.1|
|Last stable release:||Predator 5 (2.61) (June 17, 2013)|
Important note: Due to the massive overhaul of 2.5, This wiki may be fairly out-dated and inaccurate until I rewrite the wiki. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Komodo is a Python bot project created by Blazer to further his skills in Python programming. It is a very extensible bot similar to Terra by Photofroggy. It uses dAmn Viper (also by photofroggy) to connect to dAmn and for full packet processing and tablumps.
Komodo is currently not cross-platform as it has only been tested and perfected as Windows-only, and I don't have a Mac or Linux system to program on anyways. When Komodo is released, feel free to write Mac and Linux versions of this bot yourself. Wconio is no longer required for the Gecko and Colors features of the bot.
As of April 14 2010, Komodo is available to the public for download! Please be aware, however, that this is still in Beta and there might be problems and bugs. If you do run into any, don't hesitate to let me know!
Komodo includes the following features:
Fully and easily customizable. The preview contains its default colors. Nothing like any other dAmn bot I've seen. More info about this feature can be seen here.
Gecko (a play on the term 'echo', to repeat a message) allows you to chat through the bot's console window by simply typing and hitting enter. This features the usage of common /commands, hilighting, switching which chats you talk in, even a 'beep' notifier when you are hilighted. You can see more about this feature by clicking here.
Komodo is fully extensible, with modules being easy to add or remove, and can use different events to trigger them. You can even build your own extensions if you are willing to learn how!
Extensions have three major types of functions:
These are the commands that use a trigger and can be used by users in the chatroom. For example, typing !about if the bot's trigger was !, would activate the 'about' command
These are the commands that you can use in your bot's window, such as /me and /kick.
These are functions that trigger when a certain event is called. For example, someone joining would activate the 'joined' event, and any functions bound to that event (for example, welcoming users) well activate.
Komodo comes with Logging, System, dAmn, Welcomes, Notes, Aways, and more! Read more on Komodo Extensions here!
Full Pchat Support
Komodo fully supports the use of 'private chats' or pchats. You can join a pchat session with the bot and use commands there. In fact, it is encouraged that you use pchat to read your Notes. Pchatting with Komodo is a more private way of using bots. Komodo automatically leaves pchats where the user has left for more than 5 minutes.
Full Help and Manuals
This very wiki page is here for your own convenience. I try my best to provide as much detailed information I can give about this bot and how to use it. The bot's help system will provide links to the correct areas of this wiki when you need to know how to use a particular command, and the wiki can provide much more in-depth explanations and examples than a few, often spammy usage-lines that other bots provide can give.
Information about Komodo versions and updates are located here
Downloads and Installation
Here is a list of the current downloadable versions of Komodo:
- Komodo Predator 2.61 BDS fix - Fixes tracebacks in console from BDS malformed messages.
- Komodo Predator 2.61 dA fix - Fixes changes made by dA, and updates BDS to 0.4.
- Komodo Predator 2.60 colors fix - Correctly parses colors from wsc.
- Komodo Predator 2.60 dAmn Viper fix - Grabs authtoken successfully again. - January 9, 2013.
- Komodo Predator 2.59 Windows8 fix - now compatible with windows 8 - December 19, 2012.
- Komodo Predator 2.59 fix - June 19, 2012. Fixed an issue that prevented use on Python 3.2
- Komodo Predator 2.59 - February 20, 2012. Much Sexier. Fixed Translator. Google extension.
- Komodo Predator 2.58 - Bug fix
- Komodo Predator 2.57 - Fixes stuff and such, plus an extra console feature that indents to the chatroom's name for easier reading
- Komodo Predator 2.56 - Fixes a bug that made admins not able to use admin commands. Also fixed a small title issue.
- Komodo Predator 2.55 - This fixes the 'wrong-password' bug in 2.54, among other small things.] Somewhat broken, so get 2.56
- Komodo Predator 2.54 - This version is somewhat broken, get 2.55
- Komodo Predator 2.53 - This is a fix for 2.52's Authtoken bug (error number 6)
- Komodo Predator 2.52
- Komodo Predator 2.51
- Komodo Predator 2.5
- Komodo Predator 2.04
- Komodo Predator 2.03
- Komodo Predator 2.02
- Komodo Predator 2.01 - Very first public release of Komodo!
Remember that Komodo is currently only for Windows users.
Go here to go over the easy steps of how to install Komodo onto your computer.
- Unconfirmed Beep function Console command may not be working.
Please list any other bugs you find here or notify me about them!
I feel the need to give credit to the following people:
- Photofroggy for his dAmn Viper API as well as letting me try out Terra. A couple things were derived from Terra and Komodo would not be where it is now without him.
- Electricnet for his Futurism, which led me to finding WConio, providing me with Komodo's awesome features.
- My girlfriend Xeraki who helped test and find some bugs, and for being my girlfriend of course :3
- My beta testers for testing and finding more bugs to fix, as well as giving suggestions and general support.
- All the helpful members in Botdom.
In order of most related
- Gecko - Komodo's chillun
- Terra - Komodo's uncle so to say
- Futurism - Great grandpa?
- Pybot - Distant cousin three times removed?
<text>Komodo is NOT affiliated with or endorsed by deviantArt, it is neither a service nor a feature provided by them. This project was created by Blazer (http://blazer-flamewing.deviantart.com) for use with dAmn (deviantArt messaging network) for general purposes.
UNLESS OTHERWISE MUTUALLY AGREED TO BY THE PARTIES IN WRITING AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, LICENSOR OFFERS THE WORK AS-IS AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE WORK, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE ABSENCE OF LATENT OR OTHER DEFECTS, ACCURACY, OR THE PRESENCE OF ABSENCE OF ERRORS, WHETHER OR NOT DISCOVERABLE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THIS EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS LICENSE OR THE USE OF THE WORK, EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Komodo itself will be released under the Creative Commons ShareAlike 3.0 license. You are free to download, distribute, change, edit or make derivatives of this work, so long as it is not used for commercial purposes (don't sell my free work, yo) and you give credit to the original copyright holders.
Legal information regarding the Creative Commons license this is under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/legalcode </text>