|Gecko v1 snapshot|
|Minimum requirements:||Python 3.1|
|Last stable release:||1 (April 08, 2010)|
Gecko is a client based completely off of Komodo, by Blazer. It's main purposes are Logging and an alternative to using a RAM-consuming browser to communicate with dAmn. If you find yourself needing to stay in contact with those you speak with in the chatrooms, yet need the resources for something else, such as Photoshop or a high-graphics game, you can use Gecko as an alternative as it requires much less resources. Gecko is also meant as a sneak preview to what Komodo will be like before it is released to the public.
You could also build a bot off of Gecko, or use it as a means of learning how to program using Python, or bot programming in general.
Gecko does not work on any other operating system than Windows. This is because I have no other system to test the bot on, d'oh! If you can make a version of Gecko for Mac or Linux or anything else, please do so!
This is a Beta copy of the software. If you see anything wrong with it, let me know, or post it here under the Bugs section.
- Full dAmn packet processing, tablumps, and connection handling via dAmn Viper
- Colored window, with costumizable colors (exactly the same as Komodo, you can see how to customize them here)
- Console window chat (Gecko), allows you to communicate with dAmn through the bot. Features threaded input for uninvasive input, tabbing, and more!
- Commands for Gecko
- Hilighting for when a user says your username
- Beep for when a user says your username *disabled by default*
- Meant to be a small replacement for using dAmn as it uses far less resources than a browser such as Firefox, (Not meant to be a complete replacement, as other features such as tabbing, chat tabs, etc. aren't present)
Just download and unzip the folder to your desktop. Open the _Readme.txt file to read how to set up the bot.
Show from newest to oldest versions
Dates are formatted as dd/mm/yy.
- Re-stripped down from Komodo 2.02. Contains more commands, no longer requires you to edit Config.py (prompts info on-screen and you can edit options on-screen as well) and now has threaded input, no longer pausing the client in order to type something.
- Editted some commands and fixed a few others
- Stripped Komodo of nearly everything! Muahahaha!
- Added command /about that will give the client's info to people in the current chat
- combined most into one file since it's not all that big
Gecko has no actual commands other people can use with a trigger, like !about. Instead, Gecko has internal commands you can type right in the window. These includes most of the regular dAmn commands, and a couple extras. You can read about how to use Gecko's console chatting and commands here! Note: A couple commands might not apply to Gecko as they do to Komodo, such as /extensions and /ctrig.
If you find any bugs, post them here please!
- None yet!